Do you suffer from allergy symptoms in your home? Is there a lingering odor in your house you just can’t get rid of? These can signal you need air cleaning and filtration services. Call Twin Belle Plumbing, Heating, Air & Water Treatment for appointments in Westchester, NY. In business since 1999, we offer straightforward pricing so there are no surprises on your bill later!
Are you worried the air in your home is making your family sick? Contact us to learn about our indoor air quality services.
Benefits of Installing an Air Cleaner
Installing an air cleaner in your Westchester house can have many benefits for your entire family. While the top advantage is keeping your family healthy, others can include:
- It removes allergens from the air, allowing members of the household to have fewer allergy symptoms.
- It improves the air quality for people with asthma, resulting in fewer symptoms.
- It lowers the humidity level in the house.
- It removes odors from the home to allow for a cleaner smelling property.
- It gets rid of airborne bacteria and germs that can cause colds and flu.
Types of Air Cleaners
Once you decide your household can benefit from installing an air cleaner, the next step is to select which type of system to install. Some of the most common units are:
- Whole-house systems: These provide consistent air quality control.
- Portable air purifier products: These units are less expensive than whole-house systems but they are not as powerful.
- Ozone generators: These systems clean your air while producing oxidation properties that safely control air pollutants.
Is your thermostat failing to keep your house at the ideal temperature? Learn about our thermostat services.
Recommended Maintenance for Air Cleaners
Keep your air cleaner working properly by performing routine maintenance on the unit. Some tasks you should perform regularly can include:
- Vacuum the unit to remove dust.
- Change the HEPA filters every 3-6 months.
- Have the unit professionally serviced at least once a year to ensure it’s performing as expected. The technician can also look for any minor issues that need to be repaired before they turn into major problems.
- Change the bulbs in UV air purifiers as needed.