Does your house feel humid, even when your air conditioner is running? While some humidity can be normal in the summer, too much can be uncomfortable and can lead to issues like the growth of mold and mildew. To eliminate the humidity in your house, install a dehumidifier. Call Twin Belle Plumbing, Heating, Air & Water Treatment for installation and repair services in Westchester, NY. When you call us, we provide straightforward pricing!
Is your house too dry, especially in the winter months? Contact us to learn about our humidifier services
Benefits AC Dehumidifiers Provide To Your House
Too much moisture in your Westchester house can make your house humid and can lead to the potential growth of mold and mildew. Installing a dehumidifier can help you eliminate these problems and provide the following advantages:
- Eliminate clammy skin that can occur when the inside of your home is cold and the humidity is high.
- Reduce high levels of humidity, which can prevent mold and bacteria from growing.
- Remove humidity left by the air conditioner.
- Decrease musty odors, mildew, mold, stuffy air, and condensation.
- Take some of the burdens off of your air conditioner, helping to lower your monthly utility bills.
Common Dehumidifier Problems
Unfortunately, dehumidifiers are not immune from encountering occasional problems. Some common issues these units can experience include:
- The unit doesn’t turn on: This can indicate a blown electrical circuit or other issues that should be inspected by a professional.
- The system’s reservoir is full: This can prevent the system from turning on.
- The evaporator coils are frozen: This can signal that the room temperature is too low for the system, and should be checked by a technician.
- There’s a refrigerant leak: This should be inspected and repaired by a contractor, as refrigerant is a dangerous substance and should only be handled by professionals.
When is the last time you replaced your HVAC system’s air filter? If you can’t remember, it’s been too long. Learn about our filter replacement services.
How To Properly Maintain Your Dehumidifier
To keep your AC dehumidifier functioning properly, it’s important to perform proper maintenance on the unit. Some tasks you should perform regularly can include:
- Change the filter.
- Inspect the condenser coils often.
- Clean the exhaust and intake grills.