When winter’s frigid temperatures arrive you need a fully functioning heater to combat the cold and keep your household warm. If your aging unit is failing to properly heat your home, it’s important to replace it with a newer system before it completely fails. Call Twin Belle Plumbing, Heating, Air & Water Treatment for heater installation services in Westchester, NY. In business since 1999, we only allow trusted technicians to perform services in your home.
Does your heater need a tune-up? Contact us to learn about our heater repair services.
Signs Your Heater Needs To Be Replaced
Is your aging unit starting to show signs of wear and tear? It can be time to replace the system. Some symptoms to watch for that can signal you need a new unit can include:
- Your system needs multiple - or costly - repairs.
- Your utility bills continue to rise, despite not increasing your usage.
- You have a dangerous issue - like a cracked heat exchanger, which can lead to a carbon monoxide leak.
- Your home isn’t heating to the desired temperature.
Benefits of Installing a New Heater
Installing a new heater in your home can benefit your entire household. Aside from giving you peace-of-mind that the system is unlikely to breakdown in the near future, other advantages can include:
- A more energy-efficient unit, resulting in lower utility bills.
- Increased comfort in your home or building, as you can better control the temperature.
- Even heating throughout your property, eliminating hot and cold spots.
- Better indoor air quality as the new unit can properly remove any dust, dirt, and other debris from the air.
Are you looking for an alternative to a furnace or heater to warm your home? Ask us about our heat pump services.
Common Heater Problems
Like all systems in your Westchester home, occasionally your heater will encounter issues that need to be repaired. Some of the common problems that will require professional repairs can include:
- Uneven heating throughout your home. This can create hot and cold spots in the property.
- Your unit shuts down unexpectedly before reaching the desired temperature. This can be due to a failing pilot light, faulty wiring, or a malfunctioning thermostat.
- Your system takes too long to heat, and even turning up the thermostat doesn’t help. This can indicate leaky air ducts, a damaged fan motor, or problems with the belts and bearings.