Do you get dry air in your house - especially during the winter months? This can lead to unexpected health issues like dry skin, irritated sinuses, and even snoring. To combat this, consider installing a humidifier in your home. Call Twin Belle Plumbing, Heating, Air & Water Treatment for repairs and installations in Westchester, NY. In business since 1999, our trusted technicians offer same-day services.
When you have too much moisture in your house, consider adding a dehumidifier. Contact us for dehumidifier services in Westchester.
Benefits of Installing a Humidifier in Your Home
While you might rely on your air conditioner to remove humidity from your home, installing an AC humidifier can have additional benefits, including:
- It adds moisture to indoor air during the winter months.
- It increases interior comfort.
- It helps relieve irritated sinuses.
- It helps treat dry skin.
- It reduces excessive snoring.
- It prevents your throat from drying out.
- It reduces cracked lips and nose bleeds.
Common Problems With AC Humidifiers
Like all household appliances, occasionally your humidifier will experience issues that need professional repairs. Some common problems your system might encounter include:
- It won’t produce the right amount of moisture that is needed for your home. This can be the result of either the sponge pad accumulating too many minerals or the unit is not level.
- The water inlet is clogged with minerals.
- The drain is blocked, causing leaks to occur along the line. High water pressure can also cause this issue.
- The humidifier will only activate if it’s set on a humidity level that’s higher than the current one in your home.
Are dirty filters impacting the air quality at your home? Contact us to learn about our filter replacement services.
Maintenance Tips for Humidifiers
It’s important to keep your humidifier properly maintained to ensure it works when you need it. Some maintenance tasks you should perform on your system include:
- Check the water evaporator pad as it can become clogged with mineral deposits and keep the humidifier from functioning as expected.
- Inspect the blower motor. The motors in humidifiers can break down and need to be replaced, which will require the services of a professional.
- Check the water inlet valve, as these can become clogged or stuck, reducing the amount of water the humidifier has access to. This can cause the unit to produce less moisture since it has less water available.