While you might worry about the quality of the outdoor air your family breathes, have you checked your home’s indoor air quality? It’s important to make sure the air in your home is safe to keep your family healthy. Call Twin Belle Plumbing, Heating, Air & Water Treatment for indoor air quality services in Westchester, NY. In business since 1999, we offer straightforward pricing so there are no surprises on the bill later!
We offer the following services to keep your air clean:
Is the air in your house too humid, especially during the summer months? Contact us to learn about our dehumidifier services.
Ways To Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
Your family is your No. 1 priority, so it’s important to keep them safe and healthy with clean air. To improve your home’s air quality, follow these tips:
- Clean your air ducts: Having professionals clean the ducts can remove mold, bacteria, dust, and other debris.
- Change your air filters: Changing your HVAC system’s air filters about every three months can reduce irritants like mold, pollen, and bacteria from entering your home.
- Install an air purifier: These systems can remove pollutants from the air like smoke, mold, pet dander, and even viruses.
- Use a dehumidifier: Reducing the level of humidity in your home can help lower the number of indoor pollutants, such as mold and mildew.
- Clean frequently: Vacuuming and cleaning your home regularly can help remove the larger particles -- and dust -- from your home.
What Can Cause Poor Indoor Air Quality
To protect the air in your house, it’s important to avoid issues that can cause poor indoor air quality. Some potential causes can include:
- Dust mites
- Poor ventilation
- Mold and mildew
- Chemicals from paint
- Building materials
- High temperatures
- High levels of humidity
- Chemicals from cleaning products
Purifier your indoor air with an air cleaner. Contact us to learn about our air cleaning and filtration services.
Why Indoor Air Quality Matters
You spend a lot of time at home. It’s where your family eats dinner, sleeps, and spends time hanging out in the evenings and weekends. You need to ensure your home has quality indoor air to protect your household.
If not, poor air quality can cause the following health issues:
- Itchy or irritated eyes
- Burning nose
- Respiratory issues
- Flu-like symptoms
- Heart disease
If you suspect low indoor air quality is making your family sick, call Twin Belle Plumbing, Heating, Air & Water Treatment to let our trusted technicians evaluate your indoor air quality.