Let’s face it - New York winters are brutal. They bring inclement weather and frigid temperatures that require a fully functioning furnace to keep your house comfortable all season. If your system is starting to show signs of aging or you detect issues that signal the unit needs to be replaced, it’s important to schedule furnace installation services as soon as possible. Call Twin Belle Plumbing, Heating, Air & Water Treatment for appointments in Westchester, NY. We offer same-day appointments and straightforward pricing.
Is your furnace due for a yearly tune-up? Contact us to schedule furnace repairs.
Signs Your Furnace Needs To Be Replaced
Is your furnace started to malfunction and you don’t know if it’s more cost-effective to repair it or replace it? The following signs can indicate you need to install a new unit in your Westchester home before your current system malfunctions:
- Your unit is nearing the end of its lifespan.
- Your system can no longer effectively heat your home.
- Your unit has cracks. If there is a crack in the heat exchanger it can lead to a carbon monoxide leak, which can be very dangerous to your entire household.
- Your monthly utility bills start to increase.
- Your system needs multiple repairs.
- Your system needs a large, costly repair.
Benefits of Installing a New Furnace
When you install a new furnace in your home, you have peace of mind that your unit will likely not need repairs in the near future. There are also other benefits, including:
- It has the latest technology and features to control the climate in your home.
- It can be more energy-efficient, using up to 30 percent less fuel than older systems.
- It can make less noise than older units.
- It can provide more consistent heating throughout your house than an older system.
Do you need to heat a large home or space in your property? Contact us to learn about our boiler services.
Common Furnace Problems
While your furnace may be the most important system in your home during the winter months, unfortunately, it can encounter problems from time to time. Some of the most common issues your unit might experience can include:
- Lack of maintenance: Failing to schedule a regular tune-up or maintenance on your unit can result in issues that need to be repaired.
- Dirty or clogged filters: Not replacing your filters regularly - at least every three months - can cause debris to build up, which can put a strain on your unit and result in poor indoor air quality.
- Wear and tear: Your unit can develop problems as it ages, requiring more frequent repairs.
- Malfunctioning thermostat: If the temperature in your home doesn’t match the setting on the thermostat you will need to have the device inspected by a professional.
- Inadequate airflow: Disrupted airflow can cause your unit to overheat.
- Carbon monoxide leak: Problems like a cracked heat exchanger can lead to a carbon monoxide leak. This can create a very dangerous situation for your household and needs to be inspected immediately.
Some Useful Guidelines For Furnace Replacement
It can be difficult to differentiate between the need for furnace replacement and furnace repairs. If you’re wondering whether you’re due for a new unit, there are several factors to consider. First, look at your furnace’s age. Most devices have a lifespan of about 15 to 20 years, so if yours is at least that old, it may be time for replacement. And If you haven’t been keeping up with routine furnace service throughout your furnace’s life, it may need replacing far sooner, as neglecting the need for repairs, cleaning, and other care will likely lead to a shorter lifespan. If you notice that your energy bills have suddenly increased, your furnace may be working overtime when it shouldn’t be. Furnaces are one of the biggest energy consumers in homes. Old or poorly maintained furnaces tend to perform less efficiently, consuming more energy and requiring more from your wallet than a newer, well-maintained unit.
Does your furnace need frequent repairs? If you feel like you’re constantly in need of a furnace fix, it may be time to retire your unit. The cost of required repairs should also be considered. A good general rule is that if the cost of repairs is equal to or more than the total cost of a new furnace, purchasing a new device is probably the best option. Furnaces can present a variety of problems, from foul or worrisome odors and strange noises coming from your furnace to obvious leaks, corrosion, and damage. Frequent cycling of the device, a home that doesn’t heat well or evenly, and having an abnormal amount of dust in the home are also signs that you may need a new furnace.
Efficient Furnace Replacement Service
Whether you have a gas furnace, oil furnace, or electric furnace, you can depend on Twin Belle Plumbing, Heating, Air & Water Treatment to provide exceptional furnace service. We are your local furnace contractor, proudly serving the Westchester community since 1999. The process of getting a new furnace may seem daunting, but when you work with us, we offer our expert assistance every step of the way. Need help deciding which furnace is right for your home, budget, and heating needs? Our professionals can advise you on various unit options, and inform you of factors to consider as you decide on a replacement furnace. And if you’re worried about the installation process, we guarantee prompt, accurate service, with no residual mess left behind in your home. Our technicians are top-notch, providing only the most comprehensive, correct, and cost-effective solutions for all of your furnace needs. We value our customers and the quality of our service, and make every effort to make our customers feel safe and satisfied when they need furnace help.