Let’s face it - New York winters are brutal. They bring inclement weather and frigid temperatures that require a fully functioning furnace to keep your house comfortable all season. If your system is starting to show signs of aging or you detect issues that signal the unit needs to be replaced, it’s important to schedule furnace installation services as soon as possible. Call Twin Belle Plumbing, Heating, Air & Water Treatment for appointments in Westchester, NY. We offer same-day appointments and straightforward pricing.
Is your furnace due for a yearly tune-up? Contact us to schedule furnace repairs.
Signs Your Furnace Needs To Be Replaced
Is your furnace started to malfunction and you don’t know if it’s more cost-effective to repair it or replace it? The following signs can indicate you need to install a new unit in your Westchester home before your current system malfunctions:
- Your unit is nearing the end of its lifespan.
- Your system can no longer effectively heat your home.
- Your unit has cracks. If there is a crack in the heat exchanger it can lead to a carbon monoxide leak, which can be very dangerous to your entire household.
- Your monthly utility bills start to increase.
- Your system needs multiple repairs.
- Your system needs a large, costly repair.
Benefits of Installing a New Furnace
When you install a new furnace in your home, you have peace of mind that your unit will likely not need repairs in the near future. There are also other benefits, including:
- It has the latest technology and features to control the climate in your home.
- It can be more energy-efficient, using up to 30 percent less fuel than older systems.
- It can make less noise than older units.
- It can provide more consistent heating throughout your house than an older system.
Do you need to heat a large home or space in your property? Contact us to learn about our boiler services.
Common Furnace Problems
While your furnace may be the most important system in your home during the winter months, unfortunately, it can encounter problems from time to time. Some of the most common issues your unit might experience can include:
- Lack of maintenance: Failing to schedule a regular tune-up or maintenance on your unit can result in issues that need to be repaired.
- Dirty or clogged filters: Not replacing your filters regularly - at least every three months - can cause debris to build up, which can put a strain on your unit and result in poor indoor air quality.
- Wear and tear: Your unit can develop problems as it ages, requiring more frequent repairs.
- Malfunctioning thermostat: If the temperature in your home doesn’t match the setting on the thermostat you will need to have the device inspected by a professional.
- Inadequate airflow: Disrupted airflow can cause your unit to overheat.
- Carbon monoxide leak: Problems like a cracked heat exchanger can lead to a carbon monoxide leak. This can create a very dangerous situation for your household and needs to be inspected immediately.